Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Favorite Television Shows at the moment...

I am not usually one to watch a lot of television, so I am pretty picky about which ones I do watch. Here is a current list of what I am watching in no particular order:

FRINGE  FOX network - Considered a science fiction mystery show that is almost like a previously aired one, called The X-Files with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson. Fringe stars an incredible cast and the shows premise is so intriguing and always fascinating to me. I never get bored with this show. Brief premise...FBI agents investigate crimes or activities that are otherworldly and not "normal". Some of the casts members are Olivia/Faux Livia - Ana Torv, Dr. Walter Bishop/Faux Walter (He "cracks me up" every time), Peter Bishop - Joshua Jackson, and so many more cool characters. These characters are so interestingly matched, well together and each season just gets better and better. Its currently on its 4th season.

Here is a an episode if you have time to watch one.

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi2668142105/


RINGER CW Network - Starring Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer - T.V. show). She portrays two characters, which are identical twins, named Bridget and Siobhan. Siobhan is presumed dead in a boating accident and her sister, Bridget decides to take over her life, since hers is not going so well. Littered with alcohol addiction and a warrant out for Bridget's arrest, taking over her rich socialite sis's life is not a bad idea, or is it? This show is very much my guilty pleasure that I am highly addicted to. I love Ms. Gellar in the show Buffy and this is quite a switch from her vampire killing days. Great cast and story that keeps you guessing and wanting more every episode. Curious to see how it can keep continuing. It is currently is its freshman season.

Trailer for Ringer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SCaB09ER9I


DOWNTOWN ABBEY PBS - Masterpiece Theater

This Sunday starts its 2nd season of an incredibly engaging time period piece. This show follows the lives of the Crawley family and their relationship to their servants during the start of World War I, which takes place at their mansion, called Downton Abbey. The shows casts many wonderful and talented actresses and actors, such as Maggie Smith and Elizabeth McGovern. This show will keep you captivated at every turn and no interruptions of commercials.If you love all things PBS, this will be no exception. I was hooked from the very first episode and was very sad when it went on break. It currently has a multitude of award nominations, with already 12 wins and 4 Golden Globe nominations.

Here is a promo trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M3moEeErr8



One last show I am enjoying with my entire family is Third Rock from the Sun. Starring John Lithgow and Jane Curtin. It is about a foursome of "aliens" who come down to the planet Earth for a mission and decide to stay indefinitely. It is super funny and that the characters are so naive of course to human ways. It last season was in 2001, but I bought the first season for cheap at Target.

Here is an episode:

http://www.tvland.com/shows/3rd-rock-from-the-sun

I hope you enjoy reading about my favorite current television shows and will maybe watch and enjoy them for yourselves.

1 comment:

Jack J said...

Thanks for the link, Shelly. I'll return the favour!