Popular Posts

Friday, June 22, 2012

Not a Good Summer Friday Opening for Films


Not a good day for the opening of films! Let's see we have "Honest Abe" wielding an ax in order to kill vampires. It might be pretty good, if you can wrap your head around one of our past presidents killing monsters instead of delivering his famous speech that starts with "Four Score and Seven Years ago". 

Then we have an a young red-headed Irish lady wielding a cross bow, in the film "Brave". In this she is very independent, and not "lady like” and it kills her mother that she wants to find a man she really loves to marry. As opposed of being set-up because back in the dark ages (LOL) women were chosen the man they would marry. Cute I am sure, but a video rental maybe. 

No way on "Men in Black III", just not a fan of the franchise. So, I think we may go with "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World", which stars Steve Carell and Kiera Knightly (she just looks like an alien to me sometimes - watch her in "A Dangerous Mind" and you will know what I mean). Not much left that I have not seen, such as "Prometheus" with Charlize Theron and another film with her acting in the same way "an ice cold witch", "Snow White and the Huntsman". Anyone who comes across a film that they like, that is in the theater, let me know.

I am, however looking so forward to seeing the new "The Amazing Spiderman", with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. It’s so darned cute, because they are a couple in "real life". Just like Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, from those infamous vampire films - The Twilight series, which they are one of my guilty pleasures. Okay, it’s true I know way too much about pop culture. I mean it’s plastered all over the magazines they have set for you to gaze at while you are waiting to pay for you candy bars and such. Anyways, I way digress...I saw the trailer for the Spidey film in 3D whilst waiting with much anticipation for "Prometheus" to start (waiting since the trailer teaser came out in December 2011). I think that perhaps, Andrew Garfield may be even better than Tobey Maguire. Shush don't tell anybody, just joking of course. 

In the end of this ranting and raving about lack of good summer films this week, maybe I will just rent a flick for $1 at the Redbox or check out what is on my que for Netflick streaming. I am thinking that "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World”, may not be even screen worthy, and instead a rental for down the road. OH! How I long for "The Dark Knight Rises in July just like the new Spidey film...I guess I will just have to be patient. 

Here are some trailers of the films mentioned:




The Dark Knight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GokKUqLcvD8


Brave:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMGFCmy352M


Prometheus:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftuxbvGwiU


The Amazing Spiderman:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX9ZT3RbYE4



No comments: