Popular Posts

Saturday, December 10, 2011

My early Christmas present

This year Christmas came early for me and my family. We were able to travel to Fort Leonard Wood Army post to see my daughter graduate from military police training on Thursday. Words cannot describe so eloquently my proud and happy feelings towards Clara, my dear daughter. I would have never in a million years thought she would join the Army. My father retired from the Army and was a Vietnam veteran while he served. He always told me this "if you are going to join the military do not join the Army." I bet despite this advice to me, he is smiling with pride from heaven over his granddaughters major achievement.

The first night we arrived in Missouri, we had a very delightful dinner with Clara's adoptive parents, Diane and Kim. From the moment I met them in 1992, I knew in my heart they would raise Clara with much love and happiness. They are such wonderful, energetic, and the kindest people I have ever met.

We had such an amazing time getting the priviledge to know them as people, but perhaps knowing them now as family. Because of their openess, I was able to watch my daughter grow up in a very loving home. This fills my heart with such joy and comfort knowing that because of Clara's parents, she is a well adjusted and confident young lady.

Spending time with Clara's dear family as well as with her was an honor and I will be forever grateful to have had this experience and will treasure this time always.
I now say thank you to Elizabeth, my very supportive and helpful social worker who was able to find a wonderful home for Clara. I will never regret my decision to place her with the Windingland family and now because of them she now also has two wonderful brothers in Sean and Yuri.

Within ten years or so, I met and married my soulmate Michael and now I also have a wonderful son Ethan, who is also Clara's half brother. My life is so full and complete now knowing my daughter and son are both so happy and full of confidence and love.

One more thing, I was able to get to know Clara's grandmother, Jole. She is such a kind and very wise woman. I am so thrilled that Clara has such a wonderful grandmother. I can see this lady being a mentor for me. We both have studied Psychology in  college and she actually practiced clinical psych for many years. I am so happy I was able to spend time with her and had so many enlightening conversations with Jole.

Today is our last day here in Missouri for we fly home to Sacramento, California this afternoon. We had a marvelous time here in St. Louis and Fort Leonard Wood and will leave here with a multitude of wonderful memories and pictures. I will be sad to leave but look forward to the holidays and I am so happy Clara will be home with her family. She certainly deserves a much needed break from her military police training. I only wish her the very best in her future and I know it will be a bright one to come, because that is what she so very much deserves. I love you so dear sweet Clara, my beautifully pure daughter.

No comments: