Popular Posts

Monday, December 5, 2011

My trip to Missouri.

In less than 24 hours my family and I will fly to Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri to visit my daughter and her family. What makes this trip extra special is that I will be meeting her for the 2nd time in our lives. When I was 21, I gave birth to a very beautiful baby girl. I knew that I was not ready to be a mother, nor was her father. I decided that she deserved to be raised in a home that could take good care of her. I worked carefully with a social worker and she helped provide some families that I could "choose" from. I finally found the perfect family who were also from the state I live (California). After she was born, I met them and fell in love with them right away. I knew in my heart of hearts that she would be well taken care of and that she would be loved. It was decided on that day that her parents would write to us 2 times a year, on her birthday and Christmas time. It was truly the hardest experience I ever had to face in my life thus far. I knew though that if there really was a God that him or her was watching over us to make it all turn out perfectly. The result is an amazingly wonderful young lady, who I will love the rest of my days and then some. I will be writing in my blog while we are away and sending out pix as well. She will be graduating as a military police officer for the Army on this Thursday. I am so proud of her and so would my father, who also served in the Army and since retired as a Vietnam Veteran. He passed away last year. I miss him everyday.

No comments: